Douala, Cameroun, Africa
Senior ( plus de 5 ans d'experience)
08 Fév, 2017
- Job Posting Title: IRC6977
- Job Title Manager: GTM, VP & Exp Design - Digital - Entertainment
- Organization Name: MTN Cameroon
- Department Description Category 11 Salary Grade 15 Marketing - Digital Services - Value Proposition GTM & Experience Design - Entertainment
Brief Posting Description
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job: (Short description)
To develop and Implement digital services across all MTN touch points; that differentiates MTN from its competitors and creates brand affinity, profitable market value and volume growth within the segment in line with the Go To Market principles and Company Business objectives.
- Assist in the creation of digital services strategies for media, entertainment and e- commerce in order to achieve penetration, adoption and revenue targets.
- Ensure effective implementation of digital services strategies for media, entertainment and e-commerce by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support
Staff Leadership and Management:
- Source, induct, and manage talent in accordance with legislative guidelines
- Ensure open communication channels with staff and implement change management interventions where necessary
- Provide definition of roles, responsibilities, individual goals and performance objectives for the team
- Set KPIs and provide regular performance feedback through a well-defined and implemented performance review program
- Develop and implement a training plan in order to build and develop skills within the team
- Performance manage resources in accordance with HR policy and legislation where necessary
- Actively participate in leadership team
- Supports team capability development through the creation of opportunities for realizing full potential
- Promote a ‘MTN centric’ and ‘partnership approach’ to develop strong relationships with other working groups and ensure adherence to Group governance
- Ability to work in a team and drive own and cross functional team working across 2 various divisions - Accountable for meeting and prioritising project team targets / deadlines
- Provide information to the Segment Senior Manager on work accomplishments, individual / team / cross functional team challenges
- Lead cross functional and own team meetings and contribute on specialist / technical areas when required
- Review performance metric dashboards prepared on various performance metrics and provide input to the manager
- Provide inputs to digital services in the business planning process.
- Issue and execute quarterly cycle plans
- Continuously monitor progress on digital services targets, and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Identify and/or define services that will bring value to MTN and source and negotiate contract terms with third-party providers for the delivery of such services
- Manage the on-boarding of third-party service providers within the MTN environment and monitor their execution of services.
- Perform lifecycle management of services by continuously evaluating the viability of MTN’s services portfolio and driving the retiring of non-viable services
- Perform periodic third-party providers’ evaluation and provide recommendation for corrective actions
- Propose and supply services to Consumer and Premium & Business Segments as per business requirements
- Research trends and best practices within the TMT (Telecoms, Media and Technology) industry and regularly benchmark MTNC digital practices and offers with other players worldwide.
- Review existing processes and policies and manage implementation of both the new and revised processes and policies in line with the customer perspective.
- Monitor and assess market, competitors and technological advancements and, when applicable, propose the development of products and services relevant to the portfolio
- Design user experience journey for digital services requirements as well as segment specific customer experience at touch points and drive positive and consistent experience and residual memory in line with the user experience design best practices and standards.
- Analyse and document end-to-end digital services related customer processes through the lens of the customer and highlight redundant and/or necessary activity by the customer, pain points for the customer and general process inefficiencies
- Use digital services specific customer data to provide recommendations that remove unnecessary touch points, eliminate pain points and increase delight points;
- Manage operational implementation plans, derived from strategic objectives;
- Forecast potential pitfalls and proactively redesign processes or user experience journey in order to prevent and/or eliminate them;
- Drive process improvement and alignment organization wide, aimed at monitoring performance, identifying and addressing gaps in customer experience based on direct and indirect customer feedback;
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departments towards executing segment or business stream strategy.
- Education: Minimum of 3 years degree in Marketing, Engineering or Business Administration - Masters advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in offering Digital Services in a telecommunication industry of which at least 2 years are at a supervisory or managerial level.
- Experience in supervising/managing others
- Work experience in mobile data services or in an OTT organization would be an advantage
- Digital services and ecosystem
- Content, entertainment and e-commerce businesses
- Consumer behaviour and market dynamics
- Mobile data business
- Mobile financial services and ecosystem
- Telecoms charging and service delivery platforms
- Mobile technology as well as national and global trends
- Factors impacting consumer demand
- Business and financial planning
- Customer Experience and User Interface (UI) principles
- Digital Rights Management in the entertainment business
- Fluent in French and English
- Presentation and documentation skills and ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Assertive and strong “can-do “attitude combined with an ability to prioritize resources to get maximum outputs
- Strong detail focus - attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive, self-starter, self-manager and tenacity in findings solution to problems
- Highly creative, energetic and imaginative with strong conceptual skills
- Skills in search for new ideas, trends and principles
- Systems thinking – understanding the “big picture”
- Strong learning, planning and analytical skills
- Conflict management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and coaching skills
- Ability to:
- Influence peers, clients and suppliers
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline and high pressure driven environment
- Multitask and take direction from multiple sources
- Adapt to shifting priorities, demand and timelines
- Behavioural Qualities:
- Unify people/Build a team
- Strongly details oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Problem Solver
- Operational Value Creator
- Culture and Change Champion
- Supportive People Manager
- Relationship builder and Manager
- Results Achiever
- Operationally Astute
How To Apply
Apply by sending your resume online.