Douala, Cameroun, Africa
Entre 2 et 5 ans d'experience
08 Mai, 2017
Internship to hire: Study abroad and Placement advisor
Global Education Services is currently seeking a Student Adviser/recruiter who can provide specialized support to Cameroonian students wishing to pursue their studies abroad.
This is a 3 months paid internship leading to full time employment. Incumbents in this opening are responsible for providing academic and immigration advising services, career counseling, and new student orientation to meet the needs of the international student population.
The Student Advisor needs to have a good knowledge of the Cameroonian educational system, the progression routes for after each level of education and will problem solve a variety of student immigration issues requiring considerable knowledge of immigration rules and regulations of the different countries we represent. Incumbents work independently with decisions impacting students' educational goals.
Responsibilities, but not limited
Serves as the first contact point of every student that comes to GES for information concerning our services and provides such information tailored to the student’s personal objectives and academic status.
Provides accurate information about the schools we represent and recommends educational courses in conformance with the students’ academic route and interest
Provides accurate immigration information to students, monitors and tracks student immigration status, and maintains appropriate files.
Assist students with admission applications and making sure they meet the requirements of their programs
Collates application packages and presents to the Director for further processing
Coordinates local recruitment fairs, school visits, foreign institution visits in Cameroon and seminar presentations meant to promote our services and those of the institutions represented.
Works collaboratively with the director and management to support the development of strategies to promote and develop our services and enhance lead retention.
Maintains and updates our social media platforms
Participates in training and maintains a relationship with institutions and professional organizations to keep abreast of changes in admission and immigration requirements.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement. - Must be resident in Douala
- MUST be French and English Bilingual
- Excellent communication or intercultural communication skills
- Public Speaking abilities and ability to communicate precisely and concisely
- Comfortable with research and reading
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge or willingness to learn of immigration rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures relating to admissions, registration, testing, and placement.
- Skill in delivering classroom and public presentations.
- Skill in operating a computer and programs
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively work with students of various ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Job Type: Internship leading to full time hire
Please send your resume and cover letter to Ebote Silvia online.
Visit our website for more information concerning our services at www.globaleduservices.net