Yaounde, Cameroun, Africa
Senior ( plus de 5 ans d'experience)
05 Mai, 2017
Reporting Relationships: The Finance Manager reports to the Associate Director of Operations and Country Director
The Finance Manager will establish and maintain accounting and finance procedures for EGPAF and ensure compliance with all regulatory (donor, foundational, and statutory) requirements. To provide direction to operational and programmatic teams and lead areas of accounting, finance and compliance for country programs. To provide guidance to accounting and finance junior personnel including reviewing deliverables including but not limited to accounting, auditing, budgeting, compliance, forecasting, procurement, and treasury management. To liaise with headquarters Finance and Accounting Country Support team on routine communication and deliverables. To strengthen and support accounting and finance operations in Yaoundé and regional sites (Bamenda, Douala, Limbe, Yaoundé, and others).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly Accounting Activity and Treasury Management
- Budgeting and Financial Reporting
- Staff Management and Supervision
- Audit and Compliance Review Support
- Other Responsibilities
- Monthly review of accounting records and vouchers prepared by staff.
- Act as primary liaison with Washington, D.C. based finance team.
- Monitor cash flows and conduct random cash counts at least once every month.
- Maintain proper cash controls, contact with EcoBank representatives, and review all bank reconciliations.
- Support with the oversight of payments to vendors, reviewing procurement agreements (and liaising with HQ Finance and Awards and Compliance Teams), facilitate payment procedures, and implementation of best practices.
- Review monthly financial statements and packages before they are sent to EGPAF HQ on a timely basis.
- Support with the review of all expense payment and employee reimbursement requests to ensure that expenditures have been correctly charged, and that funds are available.
- Development of new business cost proposals and liaising with HQ FACS team as appropriate.
- Development of annual budgets under continuation awards.
- Development of a comprehensive country-wide budget to track funding and expenses.
- Coordinates the preparation and review of all periodic financial reporting.
- Liaise with and provide support to project managers and headquarters regarding project budgets, expenditures and financial reporting.
- Monitor budget implementation and advice on reallocation of funds when necessary.
- To manage the activities of the country office's accounting and finance staff to ensure completion of the deliverables to meeting both internal Foundational and external donor requirements.
- To review key deliverables completed by accounting and finance staff and to provide guidance as appropriate.
- Oversee the preparation and allocation of payroll and fringe benefits national staff.
- To conduct accounting and finance trainings to accounting and finance staff; and program staff on routine basis and as appropriate.
- To provide support to program teams and operations staff as appropriate on accounting and finance topics. Ensure routine visits to site offices for compliance and support supervision.
- To lead country finance operations with independence, integrity, and objectivity.
- Conducting in-country internal audits on annual and ad hoc basis for the country office.
- Liaise with operations and program staff on strengthening voucher compliance procedures including the development of templates and tools to boost compliance.
- Ensure that records are adequately maintained for assets and oversee the reconciliation of assets to accounting records.
- Support EGPAF's annual internal audit and Compliance Review functions and follow up of findings
- Provide relevant input for reports to the ADO, Country Director and EGPAF HQ as necessary.
- Attend relevant inter-agency, donor coordination and other meetings and present on accounting and finance issues, where required.
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- A Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field of study
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience directly supporting/managing Finance in an INGO environment with at least 2 years in a similar position.
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Experience from working in complex contexts
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems; particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Experience in setting up a Finance structure/team.
- Experience with start-up programs in complex environment
- Excellent knowledge of the Cameroon fiscal environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of US Government procurement policies and procedures relevant to procurement. Preference for experience with Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task while working as part of a team
- Possess strong accuracy, attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Computer literate, with strong knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Honest, energetic, independent, self-motivated and administratively self-sufficient
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Willingness to travel.
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
As a core value to help achieve our mission, the Foundation embraces a culture of honesty, integrity, and ethical business practices and expects its business partners to do the same. Specifically, our procurement processes are fair and open and allow all vendors/consultants equal opportunity to win our business. We will not tolerate fraud or corruption, including kickbacks, bribes, undisclosed familial or close personal relationships between vendors and Foundation employees, or other unethical practices.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV online. The subject should read Finance Manager.
Deadline for applications: May 5, 2017.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.