Douala, Cameroun, Africa
Senior ( plus de 5 ans d'experience)
05 Mai, 2017
Reporting Relationships: The Pediatric Technical Advisor reports to the Technical Director
Under direct supervision of the Technical Director, the person will support all pediatric care and treatment activities for EGPAF Cameroon, and ensure that they are in compliance with EGPAF program standards, priorities of the Ministry of Health and donor priorities. This position, based in Douala will support the primary EGPAF Cameroon office in Yaoundé, as well as operational sites in Limbe, Douala, Bamenda, and Yaoundé.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Definition, follow-up and technical-strategic advice to the field projects:
- S/he provides technical guidance to strengthen and scale up pediatric HIV (including TB/HIV integration) activities for all EGPAF supported pediatric care and treatment program.
- S/he working with the EGPAF Global Technical Assistant and Sustainability (TAS) team will support the adoption and development of innovative pediatric HIV practices towards achieving the UNAIDS 90-90-90 goals and targets
- Work with the country team to identify promising service delivery approaches to increase uptake of Pediatric HIV testing, linkages to care/ART, and retention/adherence
- S/he provides periodic update on HIV/TB aspects and knowledge to program staff and to other health care personnel
- S/he provides updated program working tools to support implementation of Pediatric HIV related services
- S/he conducts targeted field visits to supported sites and implementation team, and technical support to regular project implementation.
- S/he follows actively, monitor and evaluate the service provided by program teams and HCWs, including supportive supervision of program staff and mentoring of site staff.
Research and updated support for new strategic orientations for HIV/TB-related activities
- S/he participates in the relevant national TWGs, to support among other elements, production of technical working-tools in coordination with the MOH/EGPAF intersectional AIDS Working Group (e.g Pediatrics Guidelines, PMTCT, Integration, and other tools)
- S/he supports production of scientific articles or presentations within the HIV/TB framework.
- S/he participates in designing and follows up relevant operational research studies implemented at field level.
- S/he follows the evolution of innovation evidence-based advances in HIV/TB by following-up scientific publications, participating in international events and forums.
- S/he participates in networking with external partners and stakeholders in joint research projects, when relevant, and under the request of the Technical Director.
Training, communications-networking and representation of EGPAF
- S/he take lead in identification of the training needs related to Pediatric HIV/TB in collaboration with the PTCs, and following the needs and scope of the DELTA program.
- S/he participates as Facilitator–Trainer in all EGPAF related Pediatric HIV Trainings.
- S/he organizes and participates in conferences, congresses, workshops, forums, or meetings when requested by the Technical Director.
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Medical Doctor specialized in HIV, infectious diseases, pediatrics or similar training
- At least 6 years' experience in HIV management
- At lease 2-3 years' clinical management experience in Pediatric HIV care and treatment
- 2 Years' experience working with an INGO, preferable US based NGO.
- Practical field experience in the implementation of HIV & TB activities in Cameroon, especially in integrated programs and including training of personnel.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French.
- Demonstrated and strong understanding of the local HIV epidemic, context response, current national priorities, and trends is required
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a range of staff in the Cameroon program is required
- Excellent writing , strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task while working as part of a team
- Possess strong accuracy, attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Computer literate, with strong knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Honest, energetic, independent, self-motivated and administratively self-sufficient
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time to support sites and other activities
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
As a core value to help achieve our mission, the Foundation embraces a culture of honesty, integrity, and ethical business practices and expects its business partners to do the same. Specifically, our procurement processes are fair and open and allow all vendors/consultants equal opportunity to win our business. We will not tolerate fraud or corruption, including kickbacks, bribes, undisclosed familial or close personal relationships between vendors and Foundation employees, or other unethical practices.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV online. The subject should read Paediatric Technical Advisor.
Deadline for applications: May 5, 2017.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.