Yaounde, Cameroun, Africa
Entre 2 et 5 ans d'experience
21 Sep, 2017
Fab-book (www.fab-bookonline.com) is looking for three persons to join her team in the position of Online Journalist/Blogger intern, with a special focus on Fashion, beauty, health, Business and general news in Africa and beyond,
As a Blogger Intern, you will grow your skills and build your resume while gaining invaluable experience in the areas of Blogging. If you have flair and passion for fashion and beauty or you are well versed with Business and general news, then this position is for you. This unpaid internship is up to 20 hours per week (4 hours a day).
You will be expected to research on new stories, interview relevant persons, develop the stories and report them to your Editor.
Selected candidates will work under the supervision of an Editor in Chief and in collaboration with other team members to deliver relevant and journalistic content to our readers.
You will end the Internship with a rich portfolio of published articles organized on the Fab-book platform under your name and you will receive an Attestation of Internship. Exceptional interns will be given a unique opportunity to join the Fab-book team full time.
- Participate in the generation of compelling stories on fashion,beauty, health, business and general news in Africa and beyond
- Write accurate stories that are well researched and attributed to necessary sources and update as necessary.
- Interview proper sources to enhance story content.
- Respond quickly to breaking news around entrepreneurship and startups, contributing to the news team's coverage of the event.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Submit a minimum of 5 articles each week
- BA, BSc., B.Engr.
- Good knowledge of the internet
- Confident about your writing abilities
- Have your own laptop
- Have samples of writings you’ve done before
- Holder of a degree in Journalism or a related communications field required
- Demonstrated interest in writing/online journalism/social media
- Must have strong writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience using Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media platforms.
- Must be self-motivated, team-oriented and work well under pressure.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be proactive in seeking out interviews to enhance story content.
- Proficiency in writing and speaking English
Selected candidates will receive the necessary training they need to do their jobs after the internship interview