Yaounde, Cameroun, Africa
Entre 2 et 5 ans d'experience
26 Déc, 2017
Project: EGPAF-HIV FREE CENTRE
Title of the Position: Nurses
Number needed: 3
LOCATION: Yaoundé, Cameroon
REPORTS TO: Technical Officer
Duration: 05 months with a possibility of extension
Background of the contracting organization
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF, or the Foundation), a non-profit organization, is the world leader in the fight to eliminate pediatric AIDS. Its mission is to prevent pediatric HIV infection and to eliminate pediatric AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) has worked in Cameroon since 2000 through local and established international organizations and presently has an established office in Cameroon. For more information, please visit http://www.pedaids.org
EGPAF seeks to recruit 3 Nurses with a good background in HIV/AIDS activities for the HIV Free Centre Project– Cameroon.
To support the HIV Free Centre Project Management by providing high quality of care and treatment of HIV at the health facilities of the Djoungolo Health District.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve working in team with the existing staff of the health facilities at the Djoungolo Health District. Under general supervision of the Technical officer,
- Responsible for the diagnosis, treatment and case management of patients with HIV and AIDS, and other co-infection like hepatitis C Virus infection, TB patients etc. according to National treatment guidelines.
- French speaking preferred and a working knowledge in English.
- Must have 3 years of inpatient and outpatient clinical experience.
- Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process to provide care to all patients with respect for their uniqueness using informed judgment, individual competence and qualifications, and collaboration with the health care team.
- Assesses patient’s physical and psychological condition on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care.
- Documents patient's medical status during outpatient encounter.
- Degree of Nursing, state Registered Nurse with at least two years of working in HIV related programs;
- A very good mastery of Microsoft package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is mandatory.
- Fluency in French is a key requirement;
- Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work under pressure;
- Ability to work in team settings and willingness to learn;
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and CV online stating in the subject space “HIV/AIDS Senior Nurse”.
NB: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.