Yaounde, Cameroun, Africa
Moins de 2 ans d'experience
16 Avr, 2018
Forest climate professional
Forest and Climate Professional Intern
We are looking for a FOREST AND CLIMATE PROFESSIONAL INTERN who will be responsible to provide technical contribution in the implementation of WWF Cameroon activities under forest practice (Sustainable Forest Management, REDD+/Climate Change, and Forest Landscape Restoration).
Location: WWF office in Yaounde, Cameroon.
- Support the implementation of WWF works on Sustainable Forest Management and certification, including community forestry ;
- Assist WWF activities on REDD+/Climate Change ;
- Provide contribution in the implementation of forest landscape restoration activities ;
- Participate in the organization of workshops and related activities as requested ;
- Contribute in collecting and analyzing data on sustainable forest management, REDD+/Climate change, and forest landscape restoration ;
- Provide regular information on forest programme/practice to the communication team ;
- Accomplish any other activity assigned by the Forest Programme Coordinator.
What you need:
- A Master’s Degree in Natural Resources Management, Forestry, Climate Change ;
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience ;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French ;
- Good knowledge of Forest Management principles, landscape restoration, Climate Change related issues in general and REDD+ in particular.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Writing and publication skills ;
- Excellent computer skills ;
- Team spirit, problem solving and result-oriented ;
- Flexibility and rigor ;
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae should be send electronically online.
Deadline for applications: 16th April 2018
The subject should read "FCPI".
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!