Yaounde, Cameroun, Africa
Entre 2 et 5 ans d'experience
24 Fév, 2019
VACANCY: TECHNICAL ASSISTANT - Oil Palm Adaptive Landscapes (OPAL) Project
We are looking for a TECHNICAL ASSISTANT - Oil Palm Adaptive Landscapes (OPAL) Projectwho will provide technical assistance in the implementation of the WWF Palm Oil Programme in Cameroon.
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon.
- Assist his/her supervisor and Oil Palm Adaptive Landscape (OPAL) Project Manager for Cameroon in delivering the broader goals of WWF Palm Oil Program and the OPAL Project in particular;
- Support the process of stakeholder engagement in the palm oil value chain and ensure the project awareness among relevant key stakeholders;
- Prepare and facilitate the game sessions of the CoPalCam conceptual modelling (ComMod) Process in Cameroon with key stakeholders of the palm oil value chain;
- Organize debriefing sessions with stakeholders and collect feedback from all game sessions;
- Based on the outcomes of the different game sessions and game reports; design and propose scientific articles for publication;
- Provide administrative support to the team.
What you need:
- Be holder of at least a master’s degree in agricultural sciences with good knowledge on conceptual modelling;
- At least 2 years’ experience working on the use of conceptual modelling facilitating stakeholder discussion in the agriculture or any other natural resource sector.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Have a good knowledge of the palm oil value chain in Cameroon;
- Experience of carrying out field work under difficult conditions;
- Excellent knowledge of English and French;
- Extensive working experience with local communities and participatory approaches;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in way of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly;
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed resume should be sent electronically.
Deadline for applications: 24th February 2019.
The subject should read “TA”.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Furthermore, if after a month you have not been contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!