Tampico Beverages, a growing multi-national company with corporate offices in Chicago, has an immediate opportunity for Business Consultant - Africa
ABOUT US: Irresistible Bottling
Besides being one of the top selling brands of Refrigerated Juice Drinks in America and around the world, we are a team of dedicated people focused on the best tasting, best quality products at the best value. Please visit our website at www.tampico.com for more information.
Our team are some of the best and brightest in the food and beverage industry!
The Business Consultant, Africa, leads the strategy to identify, expand and prioritize volume growth opportunities within assigned international market. They are responsible for achieving or extending the budget, including the development of new markets in Africa. The Business Consultant provides team leadership for the team to ensure the team is always up to date. This role is developing and growing with customers and growing markets. This position reports to the VP of International Sales.
- Manage sales budget for assigned international business segment
- Live and develop sales team with timely feedback and performance standards
- Provide weekly reports on the status of international sales volume, sales performance and various solutions to pending challenges in the market
- Work with the regional managers in the development of new markets in Africa
- Create key performance indicators, while tracking and focusing on value drivers (distribution, displays, flavors, and package development)
- Nielsen / Syndicated data and custom research. Initiate, establish and develop key retail and customer relations to maximize growth and market share
- Collaborate with internal legal resources to ensure accurate and timely revisions of rolling contracts and negotiation of new contracts
- Expect and support the schedule of periodic (quarterly) sales meetings
- 7-10 years’ experience in leading a sales or marketing team in Africa’s markets for consumer products or beverages with a thorough understanding of market drivers for consumable products
- Bachelor’s Degree-Required; Master’s Preferred
- Sales leadership experience in coaching an international sales team
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and training ability
- Ability to work with different levels of management within the organization
- Financial and analytical abilities managing sales metrics, promotional budgets
- Self-starter and able to work independently
- Results-oriented, attention to detail with a sense of urgency
- Bilingual - English / French (Written and verbal fluency in French and English)
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Advanced Microsoft Office Experience
- France, Spain, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Nigeria, or Kenya
NOTE: Relocation is not provided for this position. No phone calls please.