Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with the company's compensation policy.
G4S is the world's leading international security solutions group; G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees. In Africa G4S is the largest private employer, with 110,000 employees in over 25 countries across the continent and a workforce of over 5,000 employees across the ten regions of Cameroon. .
G4S provides services and support in security system design, installation, and 24/7 service. We pride ourselves on our "customer comes first" approach in every aspect of our business. Our culture extends to the hiring process for each of our team members.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Chief Accountant Ensures delivery of all financial accounting objective in line with the overall company goals, manage the members of staff in the department and the department meets Ensure icts That targets
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Maintain the general ledger in accordance with IFRS and OHADA Law for all transactions.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations covering the entire general ledger.
- Produce accounting reports and financial statements within the deadlines set by the Group and the various legal bodies.
- Plan and prepare annual audit of financial and management reports within specified schedules.
- Ensuring optimal and smooth operation of the company's accounting systems by continuously reviewing their operation and / or recommending additional functionalities.
Financial Controls and Risk Management
- Check that the Group's accounting procedures and principles are fully applied in close cooperation with the Controlling department.
- Ensure adherence to all company internal controls, financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance of a proper and functional data registry and filing system
- Oversee the maintenance of fixed asset and other company registers.
- Supervise and check the end-of-year local accounts, tax and legal statements.
- Ensuring the reliability of accounting and tax information by appropriate procedures, checks and performance indicators.
- Ensure familiarity with accounting and tax regulations. Oversee the preparation of company's tax returns and other statutory deductions.
- Establish and monitor key staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Develop key staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Promote a high performance and continuous improvement of culture and learning.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate or as assigned from time to time.
- Ensure that the level of technical ability in the team is high.
- Proposes and implements all initiatives to improve the productivity of the information system.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized University.
- Min 5 years' experience in financial & management accounting.
- Relevant experience in audit in a large / international audit firm would be an added advantage.
- Working with ERP would be an added advantage.
- Leading People
- Managing Professionally
- Managing Conflict
- Customer Thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
- Relationship Building
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Computer literacy
- Accounting and auditing skills