Title: Finance Assistant - Stabilization Project (Exclusively open to Cameroonians candidates)
Contract Duration: 6 months INITIALLY
The United Nations Development Program offered to the Lake Chad Basin Commission in 2018 to support the development of the Regional Strategy on Stabilization (adopted in May 2018) and to support its implementation. In this regard a Regional Stabilization Facility Program had been drafted by UNDP experts and had been officially inaugurated in August 2019 at the Governor's Forum in Niamey. Each country of the Chad Basin Lake has drafted its National Window to Implement the Regional Facility.
Since 2015 in the Far North of Cameroon, the United Nations Development Program with Various Donors, Japan, Germany, Sweden, the European Union, and the ... Biodiversity in the communities affected by the Boko Haram crisis.
UNDP Cameroon held the Steering Committee of the National Window of the Regional Facility on the 7th of October 2019 and should start the implementation of this project right away. This project targets three objectives:
Maintain a minimum level of security in the target areas
Respond to emergency needs in basic infrastructure and social services
Provide Opportunities for immediate access to sustainable livelihoods
The achievement of these objectives obeys Three main principles:
- Provide a different delivery model
- Change radically the scale and nature of field interventions
- The simultaneous coverage of a series of zones (in the 4 countries) in agreement with the civil and military authorities.
- The implementation of the National Stabilization Window is designed to support the National Financial Stabilization Coordinator for the entire Financial dimension and the client management.
- Under the responsibility of the Stabilization Project Coordinator and the Operational Supervisor of both Head of PMSU and Head of Finance Unit, and in close cooperation with the UNDP Finance team, he / she will be responsible for the following tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational and financial management strategies
- Accounting and administrative support
- Stabilization Project cash management
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Ensures implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN / UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the Stabilization Project Processes Mapping and Elaboration of the Content of Internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- 2.Provides accounting and administrative support to the Stabilization Project focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Stabilization Project, preparation of all types of vouchers for Stabilization Project, PO vouchers; Pay Cycle and payment execution.
- Proper receipting of goods and services and the establishment of accruals.
- The following are some of the results of this study, which are successfully recorded and reported in Atlas; travel claims, MPOs and other entitlements are duly processed
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Presentation of information on the status of financial resources.
- Atlas of the Accounts Receivable for Stabilization and Atlas of deposits in Atlas.
- Management of cash receipts and petty cash.
- Stabilization Project.
- 3-Ensures proper Stabilization Project cash management system working on the achievement of the following results:
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Initiation of bank transfers and plans in Atlas.
- 4-Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Stabilization Project and CO focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations / projects staff on Finance.
Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
- Promoting Organizational Learning And Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing
- Job Knowledge / Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of working on the position (financial resources management)
- Possibilities basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to financial resources management
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and solutions
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information / databases / other management systems
- Makes recommendations related to procedures and implementation of management systems
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organize and prioritize work schedule to meet customer needs and deadlines
- Responds to customer needs promptly
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encouraging the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management / sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Required Skills and Experience
At least a Bachelor degree in Finance, Business or Public Administration. Equivalent gold
- At least 3 years of relevant finance experience is required,
- Experience in the use of computers and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems are required,
- Experience with ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft,
- Working experience in Finance or Accountancy with an international NGO, Organism, or UN will be an asset.
Knowledge of IPSAS and / or IFRS desirable
Fluency in / or French / English with working knowledge of the second language
THIS VACANCY IS ONLY RESERVED FOR CAMEROONIANS CANDIDATES
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED