Title:IT & Data Base Assistant - Stabilization Project
Duty Station: Maroua, Cameroon
Education & Work Experience: G-Bachelor 's Level - 5 year (s) experience
Languages Required: Desired: French English
For several years, the UNDP with the support of various donors, Japan, Germany, Sweden, the European Union has made its priority early recovery and stabilization in communities hard hit by the crisis.
More recently, UNDP has committed to implementing the regional strategy for stabilization, adopted in May 2018 by the States Parties of the LCBC and endorsed by the African Union.
With a view to implementing this strategy, UNDP proposed to the States a regional facilitation program, which was officially launched at the second Governors' Forum held on 17 July in Niamey. On 7 October 2019, Cameroon held a Steering Committee on the National Stabilization Window, which is a variation of the regional stabilization project.
Three key objectives are targeted through this project:
- Maintain a minimum level of security in the areas of intervention;
- Respond to urgent needs in basic infrastructure and social services;
- Providing immediate opportunities for access to sustainable livelihoods
Achieving these goals obeys Three Key Principles:
- Provide a different delivery model
- Radically change the scale and nature of interventions in the field;
- The simultaneous coverage of a series of zones (in the 4 countries) in agreement with the civil and military authorities.
- The socio-economic situation and the endemic unemployment of young people and women in the areas of intervention call for immediate interventions in order to consolidate the return trend and the setting in orbit of an irreversible stabilization. The implementation of such immediate actions require within the National Stabilization Window team the presence of a liaison officer to the administrative authorities and the security forces who will work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator in collaboration with the National Stabilization Window team. the entire team based in Maroua and Yaoundé as well as with colleagues from other projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The IT / Data base assistant will be based in Maroua and will assist the coordinator in the day-to-day management of the Stabilization Project. He or she will have to ensure the following results:
- A database capturing information related to the stabilization project and allowing extraction of graphs and information for reporting is developed; is regularly updated thanks to the elements coming from the field;
- A digital interface presenting the mapping of the project's achievements is developed, accessible on the internet and updated regularly;
- Presentations of communication tools (factsheets, infosheets, reports, etc.) are improved through layouts to understand the achievements of the stabilization project.
In order to accomplish his results, he or she will be specifically responsible for the following tasks:
- Develop a data management system for the activities of the stabilization project;
- Responsible for the daily update of the data;
- Develop a digital interface presenting the mapping of stabilization projects presenting their geographical location, type of project, number of beneficiaries and date of creation;
- Improve the design of communication tools through computer graphics support and the insertion of graphs extracted from the database;
- Set up a system for recognizing project beneficiaries and printing laminated cards;
- Responsible for the maintenance of a telephone fleet between the SDS and the vigilance committees;
- Contribute to the maintenance of the computer equipment of the office of Maroua;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of activities in the work plan established by the project coordinator, and ensure timeliness;
- Perform any other tasks assigned to it by the Project Authority or the UNDP Resident Representative in achieving the results of the stabilization project.
- Integrity: The position requires adherence to the values of the United Nations which are impartiality, fairness, honesty and good faith, especially in daily activity and behavior.
- Professionalism: The activities of the HCT-Cameroon concern serious humanitarian affairs in critical circumstances. A highly professional attitude is required at all times, as well as an ability to work under pressure and a willingness to travel, even in remote areas.
- Planning and Organization: Organizing and planning work is preferred, as is the ability to set priorities and plan, coordinate and monitor the work plan.
- Communication Skills: One of the requirements of this position is to have real speaking and communication skills to achieve results even in difficult circumstances.
- Teamwork: The position requires collaboration with colleagues to achieve the goals set and to be comfortable in a multicultural environment.
Required Skills and Experience Required
- Have a degree in computer science and / or telecoms, security of computer systems and networks;
- Mastery of databases (Oracle, MySQL, SyBase, SQL Server ...) and specialized tools in the administration of these databases; Mastery of the SQL query language; Knowledge of Shell scripts on UNIX, Windows or MVS;
- Mastery of computer graphics software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Quarkwpress, Java, Flash;
- Mastery of interactive mapping software: GIS, arcGIS, Power BI or mapbox;
- Have at least 5 years experience in database management focused on the development, planning and management of complex and multi-sectoral development programs / projects and policies including local development;
- Experience in the Far North would be an asset;
- Mastering basic software (word and Excell) and MS Project;
- Demonstrated ability to work with different partners and development organizations;
- Have good written and oral communication skills in French;
- Have at least basic knowledge of English;
- Knowledge of local languages (Fulfulde, Arabic ...) would be an asset
- The position is open only to Cameroonian candidates;
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged ;
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.