COOPI in Cameroon
- With several years of experience behind us (1977-2011), since June 2017, COOPI returned to Cameroon to face the humanitarian crisis that affects the resident populations in the Logone-et-Chari department, in the region In this zone, the situation has deteriorated in recent years due to the violence perpetrated by the terrorist group Boko Haram, which has consequently created a massive flow of refugees and evacuees. Here, COOPI has launched two emergency projects: one related to education, one aimed at food and nutrition security. On the one hand, to promote the education of children and young people between the ages of 5 and 18, by renovating schools, providing educational materials and recovering school fees.
- Under the shared supervision of the Program Officer and the Head of Mission, the Project Leader's main objective is to ensure the implementation of the ECHO-funded project "Support to formal education services in the far north of Cameroon for guarantee the education of vulnerable girls and boys ".
- The Project Leader will be based in Kousserie with a mission in Maroua and also travel to the project intervention area will be carried out regularly each month. The project manager oversees the field project team as well as the project manager and logistician of the Kousserie office, and ensures close coordination with the HOM, Program Manager and Coordination Officer (based in N Djamena, Chad).
- Manage the official documentation related to the project;
- Foster synergies with other programs and participate in exchanges with other key actors in the project area;
- Provide human resources management , overseeing the process of recruiting and installing new staff, providing technical support to the team and capacity building;
- Circulation of information with COOPI Country Coordination, towards coordination on the project and vice versa;
- Coordinate with the decentralized government departments of Kousserie and Maroua;
- Contribute to the identification of potential new ideas and partnerships, through investigation of the state of need in the country;
- Analyze information on donors and carry out research and transmission of national and international calls for proposals;
- Guide the consultants and other partners involved in the implementation of the project to ensure a good understanding of the project, compliance with donor guidelines, etc.
- Ensure good relations with the donor and with local, civil, traditional and community authorities for the successful implementation of the project;
- Be in close contact with the coordinators of national and regional education and protection programs in charge of participation in the education and protection cluster respectively and other sectoral meetings / forums;
- Maintain relations with other donors and represent COOPI in the country.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities set up by the project;
- Ensuring the respect and proper implementation of the project activities planning in the area of intervention in close collaboration with the project staff and with the Coordination;
- Supervise the tasks and activities carried out by the project team;
- Develop and update monitoring tools;
- Collect and / or transmit all information requested by the Head of Mission and / or the Coordination;
- Realization of other specific tasks requested by COOPI Coordination.
Accounting / Finance Management
In collaboration with the project administrator
- Supervision of the management and accounting of the project in collaboration with the project administrator and the administration of the Coordination;
- Project budget monitoring and expenditure planning in collaboration with the Project Administrator, the Program Manager and the Coordination Administration;
- Manage the cash flow of the project in collaboration with the accountant;
- Ensure compliance with contractual conditions and procedures of the lessor and COOPI;
- Monthly sending of administrative, logistical and financial documents to the coordinators and communication of the monthly forecast of cash requirements.
In collaboration with the project logistician
- Ensure the regular supervision of the procurement and supply operations in accordance with the procurement plan in accordance with the procedure of the lessor and COOPI, in close collaboration with the logistician and the Logistics Coordinator;
- Monitoring and implementation of supplier and service provider contracts in coordination with the Logistics Coordinator;
- Asset tracking in collaboration with the logistics department;
- Ensuring the compilation of quantitative logistical data and analyzes;
- Contribute to the establishment of the necessary means of communication to guarantee the safety of people and property of COOPI on the base and the zone of intervention.
- Coordination with HR manager of procedures for recruitment of local staff, drafting of ToRs and contracts, pay slips and payment, monitoring leave, absences, evaluations, disciplinary measures, individual requests;
- Follow-up of National Personnel movements and compliance with administrative formalities and safety rules in the project area in collaboration with the Base Manager;
- Follow-up of the respect of the rules of procedure in the organization of the working time as well as possibly on other aspects;
- Definition of needs and support for capacity building of his team in line with the objectives of the project;
- Capacity building of staff and partners on key project themes and strategies and approaches and methods.
Monitoring and Evaluation & Reporting
- Follow-up of project activities to ensure the quality of the interventions and the respect of the chronogram;
- Validation and transmission of technical reports of activities, narratives and other documents provided by the project to the donors, respecting the procedures and deadlines;
- Organization and implementation of the evaluation missions planned by the projects: development of TdR consultants, organization of field visits, preparation of internal evaluation reports and for donors.
- University education (Bac + 5) in social sciences;
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, including at least 3 years as project manager, responsible for a team in the field;
- Excellent knowledge of humanitarian project management tools and / or development and budget management;
- Knowledge and experience methodologies for monitoring and evaluation essential;
- Capacity of relationship with local authorities and experience in search of opportunity of the projects;
- Mastery in writing intermediate, final report, and recollette data;
- Mastery of ECHO procedures;
- Ability to manage a team
- Analysis, proposal and decision-making capabilities to ensure the quality of interventions;
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Office and several other commonly used software;
- Excellent command of the French language both written and spoken.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Strong organizational capacity and ability to make decisions independently;
- Experience in implementing emergency education programs desirable;
- Ability to work in an unstable environment and manage stress.